In the next installment of Rivkin Radler’s Healthcare Compliance Lunch & Learn series, Ashley Algazi will discuss requirements and tips for success in conducting HIPAA breach assessments and making required disclosures. The program will:
• Review HIPAA breach definition
• Discuss the analysis and investigation process to determine whether a breach has occurred
• Review exceptions to the definition of “breach”
• Discuss covered entity vs. business associate obligations
• Review deadlines and required reporting in the event of a breach
• Discuss documentation recommendations
• Discuss practical considerations and best practices
The program will take place on Thursday, September 8, from 12:00 noon to 1:00 PM Eastern time via Zoom. Participants will be eligible for 1.2 CCB credits and 1 CLE credit in Professional Practice. The program will be moderated by Robert Hussar, a partner in Rivkin Radler’s Compliance, Investigations & White Collar and Health Services practice groups.
The program registration page is here. The Zoom link will be provided upon registration.
Sign up to receive Rivkin Rounds at www.RivkinRounds.com.